[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM 0.10.0 tagged with tools

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sun Jul 1 17:37:48 CEST 2007

Am 01.07.2007 um 16:20 schrieb Lars Persson:

[...]

>>> Or do we have to completely get rid of the assumption that one can
>>> pack structs, and replace this with different code?
>>
>> I think it is a valid assumption. The only problems with this
>> assumption
>> are
>> lightly to be compiler issues and frankly there is no shortage of
>> other
>> applications that would fall foul of the same compiler bugs.
>>
>> As for another approach or code changes, that's the core code, I
>> am just a
>> porter ;).
>
> As for me, it would be nice to be able to support the old
> platforms, but
> really no must.  And if its possible, I can make a special buid or
> two when
> it works.

Well, for me as a project admin, I'd would also be nice to be able to
support as many platforms as possible. Hence my question, which
wasn't really answered, so I'll repeat it:

Can those old platforms be supported if we readd use of "__attribute__
((packed))", or by using yet another compiler extension for packing
structs which might be available on one of the compilers we use? Or
is the only way out to completely get rid of these packed structs?