[Scummvm-devel] Simon the Sorcerer appears to leak all it's audio ram

neil at millstone.demon.co.uk neil at millstone.demon.co.uk
Mon Jun 4 12:13:37 CEST 2007

Travis Howell wrote:
> That code was removed, due to been a bad hack, and shouldn't be added back
> again. It could cause a situation where no speech is played and no subtitles
> are shown, so the user has no idea what happened. Combined speech and
> subtitles isn't possible in the English and German versions of Simon the
> Sorcerer 1. And you can't be sure, that subtitles are enabled in other games
> either.

Yes, I agreee it is a bad hack, but unfortunately it's the only way Simon the Sorcerer will run on the DS.  Without the hack, the game crashes during the intro, which in my opinion is much worse than missing out a speech sample every now and then.  It's too late to write streaming code for this now, so I would ask that you let me add the hack back in just for the DS port?

Max Horn wrote:
> I simply commited a fix for the bug last night, so if you did a "svn
> up", that would explain why it's "gone" now.

Oh yeah, so you did.  I thought I was going mad!  Seems to work great now, thanks.