[Scummvm-devel] Proposal for translation

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Sun Jun 17 00:59:30 CEST 2007

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 13:25:30 +0200
"Jordi Vilalta" <jvprat at gmail.com> wrote:

> As I understand it, it seems the current GUI implementation isn't
> capable of showing different character sets
A thought. What about use of codepages, just like old Win95? I.e. each
language will have font with special characters accompanying it. We
have Latin-1 now, which is enough for most European languages. Then
there could be Cyrillic font for Russian.

The problem with this approach is that it removes possibility to add
Eastern encodings which usually use 2 bytes per character.

Eugene