[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM 0.10.0 tagged with tools

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sun Jun 17 23:19:52 CEST 2007

Am 17.06.2007 um 22:18 schrieb Lars Persson:

> Hi!
> Yes please leave the old ones from 0.9.1.
>
> I have been struggeling really hard to work out a solution where I
> could
> build these versions, but since quite some requirements(as supported
> compilers for example) for ScummVM has changed, its quite hard to
> get a
> really stable platform using the old GCC 2.95.3.

Out of curiosity, what are the main problems / blockers for those?

It would be really helpful if porters told us specifically. Ideally
we'd collect this kind of info on a wiki page. Once we know which
porters suffer from which problems caused by the rest of the ScummVM
code base, we can review them and decide whether it's worth working
on the problem, resp. possible to solve it.

For example, I hear rumors that some ports are troubled by our
reliance on #pragma pack. Well, we could always opt to get rid of
that. It'll be some work, but it's far from impossible (not even
particular hard, just annoying). If I knew it would help some ports
alot, I'd do it. The same holds for other problems -- as long as
people keep silent about their problems, they will have to deal with
them alone. Speak up, and you might be helped by the rest of the
team ;).

OK, maybe this sounded negative. So let me please stress one thing: I
am deeply pleased and impressed by the hard work all our porters are
doing. There are not many games/apps out there which work on such a
wide varied range of devices, and it's only possible because so many
people put hard work into this. Kudos to all of you!