[Scummvm-devel] Google Summer of Code

Florian Schulze florian.schulze at gmx.net
Fri Mar 16 09:30:54 CET 2007

Am 15.03.2007 um 10:06 schrieb Max Horn:

> Hi folks,
>
> great news: We have been accepted as mentoring organization for the
> Summer of Code !!! See <http://code.google.com/soc/>.
>
> Now, the next step we should take is to make sure we get lots of
> student applications, so that we can pick and choose the best ;-).
> Hence we should advertise. For starters, a news item on our website
> would be a good thing -- any volunteers for that? :)
>
> Maybe a post in the forums. Not sure if there are other things we can
> do, though I am considering to put out some flyers about the SoC in
> general and ScummVM in particular at my university.
>
> Any other thoughts?
>
> Cheers,
> MAx

Hi!

I'm not really involved with ScummVM, except as a user, but I'm on
another project which was accepted for GSoC (Plone Foundation).
You not only need students, but enough mentors. Last year the number
of mentors was the bottleneck for us, which prevented us from getting
more students. So this year I applied as a mentor myself :)

I wish you success!

Regards,
Florian Schulze