[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM 0.10.0 release soon

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sat May 19 21:05:54 CEST 2007

Hi folks,

I just returned home from my vacation in Turkey (was very nice, by
the way). And I'll be leaving for a conference in Belgium tomorrow
noon again, but I hope to have occasional internet access there.

Anyway, back to topic:

Am 19.05.2007 um 18:50 schrieb Eugene Sandulenko:

> Hi Team,
>
> unfortunately Fingolfin's call for documentation writers still haven't
> brought any significant contributions,

:-(

> I'm thinking to postpone our 1.0.0 release and still create 0.10.0.

A new release would be a good thing, aye, and it can't be called
1.0.0 (because I'd veto that for well-known reasons :-). So go ahead.

However, given that apparently we still have some outstanding major
issues, I wonder whether your release time table isn't a bit overly
tight? In particular, from what you write about e.g. upcoming AGOS
changes and what others wrote in this thread, it seems unrealistic to
me to start release testing in 3 days and do a freeze in 10 days... ?
In fact, I am not quite sure how one can do release testing before
the freeze (all the non-bug fix changes made before the freeze would
at least partially invalidate all previous testing, no?)

Other than that: Go for it. Oh, and don't forget to fix the TODOs in
the README.