[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM 0.10.0 release soon

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Sun May 20 06:33:43 CEST 2007

On Sun, 20 May 2007 01:06:14 +0300
Kostas Nakos <knakos at phys.uoa.gr> wrote:

> I would just like to point out 3 things with respect to AGI, from the
> perspective of a user with limited keyboard input (e.g. phones). The
> predictive input dialog gets the work (read, typing of commands) done
> in this case, but:
I did not consider AGI to be ready for keyboardless devices. In the
light of approaching GSoC where one student will move predictive input
to Small Devices Backend and another one will work on bug squashing, I
hoped that these issues will be closed at that time.

From the other hand, restricting AGI on significant amount of supported
platforms may be not best thing. So alternatively I can just postpone
enabling it after 0.10.0.

> 1) Currently, the words.tok file has to be piped through a couple of
> perl script to produce the list required at runtime.
In fact my idea was to produce such file from Sierra and Fanmade games
and distribute as engine data. Also I wanted to multi-tap input as well
as facility to add new words to the list, that's why I thought it is
not yet ready for smaller devices.

> I could be able to code all these in, but I have a rather busy
> schedule for at least one week more (and in the worst case, 2 weeks).
So if code freeze will be extended to June 6th or even 9th, and whole
schedule shifted accordingly, will that be enough for you?

Eugene