[Scummvm-devel] 0.10.0 release status

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Sat May 26 21:58:02 CEST 2007

Hi folks,

Today I went through all our open bugs and I must confess, we're pretty
solid at this release. There are just a few release critical bugs, some
of which seem to be out of date to me.

The rules are usual. I could be mistaken with assigning some bug
a release critical status, so you, who got this assigned, please, look
into it and either fix before the release or lower its priority. Thus I
will watch the progress.

Release critical bugs:

#1726185 NIPPON: Crash on exit
#1719463 DETECTOR: Launching undefined target adds launcher entry
#1709173 WIN32: Document the windows config file location change
#1705338 GOB2: Seg fault when trying to switch screen in music land
#1677997 GUI: Switching options dialog between 1x and 2x
#1674683 WINCE: GOB2 can't save
#1513002 SYMBIAN: SCUMM scroll bug / crash

Nice to have fixed bugs:

#1714976 WINCE: svn build startup crash
#1711815 SYMBIAN UIQ3: Gobliiins hangs ScummVM on startup
#1709574 GOB3: Idol scroll
#1709323 GUI: Button overlapping
#1681755 MACOSX: Crash with zlib
#1574210 PS2: FOTAQ crashes on save

Our release schedule seems to remain the same except that testing phase
started earlier. There don't seem to be lots of activity in that
aspect, i.e. most games are being tested by same people. It really
worries me, as I don't think it will last forever. Thus I really think
that we should develop some kind of regression testing, perhaps
implement that event recording facility. But of course, this is
something to consider after our release.

I am still waiting status of following ports:

 - PS2 port
 - PSP port
 - DC port

also please, keep me informed on Gob problems under ARM-based (?)
ports, i.e. PalmOS and Symbian were mentioned.

So, current release schedule looks like this:

  o May 30th -- code freeze. Only bugfixes are allowed
  o June 5th -- branching. Trunk gets unfrozen, so GSoC students can
                experiment if they did not request separate branch
                earlier
  o June 10th -- tagging
  o June 14th -- release

Eugene