[Scummvm-devel] Feature freeze. Release 0.10.0 status May 30th

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Wed May 30 22:49:40 CEST 2007

Hi guys again,

here is my periodic release status report.

With this letter I'm announcing the feature freeze.

To the new Team members and GSoC students, let me explain.

Feature freeze means that no new functionality could be added to trunk/
in next several days until it gets unfrozen. If you really have
something to add, please, talk to me or Max beforehand. All other
commits will be promptly reverted. The reason for this is that we:

 a) Concentrate on bugfixing, especially release critical bugs
 b) Do not break already tested games with some big changes

So, from now on, only bugfix commits are allowed.

However, as usual, there are some exceptions:

  o backends/ directory. Backend maintainers are free to break their
    own code with no restrictions, as they will have to fix it later ;)
  o disabled engines. These are lure and cruise currently

All other parts, including OSystem are on freeze.

According to our schedule, branching, and thus, trunk unfreezing will
take place at June 5th, but I may do it a bit earlier if we will get
critical bugs fixed, so GSoC students will have their hands untied.

Current bugs list follows:

#0000000 Fix TODO items in README.
#1726185 NIPPON: Crash on exit
#1719463 DETECTOR: Launching undefined target adds launcher entry
#1705338 GOB2: Seg fault when trying to switch screen in music land
#1677997 GUI: Switching options dialog between 1x and 2x
#1674683 WINCE: GOB2 can't save

Nice to have fixed bugs:

#1726626 CINE: resource/memory leaks
#1711815 SYMBIAN UIQ3: Gobliiins hangs ScummVM on startup
#1709323 GUI: Button overlapping
#1670082 GUI: Modern theme gfx glitch in launcher
#1574210 PS2: FOTAQ crashes on save
#774783 INDY3: problems in Berlin with Hitler

Future plans include:

  o June 5th -- branching. Trunk gets unfrozen, so GSoC students can
                experiment if they did not request separate branch
                earlier
  o June 10th -- tagging
  o June 14th -- release

Eugene