[Scummvm-devel] fsnode-gsoc remove file method

Marcus Comstedt marcus at mc.pp.se
Sun Oct 28 22:32:31 CET 2007

"David Corrales" <corrales.david at gmail.com> writes:

> The removeSaveFile() calls the common::removeFile() method to perform the file
> deletion :)

removeSavefile() is pure virtual, so it depends entirely on the
SaveFileManager implementation what it does.  The SaveFileManager on
the Dreamcast does not call common::removeFile().  Are you saying that
this environmental dependency exists in Common just for the benefit of
backends/saves/default/default-saves.cpp?  That sounds backwards;
better have such dependencies in backends/saves/default in that case,
so that only platforms which uses it needs to deal with that
dependency.

But I take it then that it should be safe to simply stub the
removeFile function on systems which don't use the default save
manager, if this is indeed the only indented use...

   // Marcus