[Scummvm-devel] RE : Re: Augmented target name

Bertrand Augereau bertrand_augereau at yahoo.fr
Mon Apr 7 09:31:13 CEST 2008

Concerning augmented names, what we generally do at my
place in serialization code when we need renaming is
allow aliases during a transition time before making
them expire.
Here it would translate into leaving all the engines
as they are and making kyra save with new names and be
able to reload with both during six months for
instance... Then definitely clean the code and remove
the hack.
I doubt any player will not play kyra for 6 months
then suddenly want to load his deprecated saves :)
The goal is to be flexible for a while at the cost of
a hack in the code but this hack has an expire point
so everybody in the team is confident it will go away.
You mileage may^H^H^H will definitely vary.

Bertrand