[Scummvm-devel] GSoC Introductions

Sami Zerrade szerrade at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 17:11:04 CEST 2008

Hi,
My name's Sami Zerrade, and I'm one of six students joining the ScummVM team
as part of the 2008 Google Summer of Code.  I'm a fourth-year Computer
Science major at the California Institute of Technology in Pasadena.

My mentor is Jordi V. Prat, and our goal is to add support for Sierra's SCI
games to ScummVM by transforming the open-source FreeSCI VM into a ScummVM
engine.  Jordi's made substantial progress on this (you can find the current
version at http://darcs.jvprat.com/ ), but there's still a lot of redundant
and platform-specific code.  Over the next few months, I'll be replacing it
piece by piece.

For this interested in tracking our progress, I've set up a blog at:
http://scummsci.blogspot.com/
On IRC, I go by szerrade.  Thank you to all who had a hand in my proposal's
acceptance, and I look forward to collaborating with everyone.
-Sami