[Scummvm-devel] File handling revamp

Torbjörn Andersson eriktorbjorn at telia.com
Fri Aug 1 13:30:53 CEST 2008

Max Horn wrote:

> Hu? No, the String class has nothing to do with it. The only thing that is
> relevant here is that currently we alreays open files in binary mode,
> never in text mode, hence the system does not perform automatic endline
> conversion for us.

I probably misunderstood him. (Or maybe he was talking about residual,
but that might not make any difference either.)

> Could you remind me again why we need to support this for anything but
> config files? :)

I can't think of anything. I was thinking of a separate function because
the config manager writes newlines in a couple of places.

The reason I brought it up here was because you said IRC wasn't a good
place to discuss bugs/missing features. ;-)

Torbjörn