[Scummvm-devel] ENGINE AUTHORS: case-insensitivy and directory handling

Joost Peters joostp at 7fc1.org
Tue Aug 5 00:06:13 CEST 2008

[stuff about FSNodes, directory handling, etc. snipped]
> Please, engine guys! Say something!!!

Speaking as a co-developer/-maintainer of an engine that uses only a
single data file, and another one which uses only two, I've personally
been happy with the current File class and its ability to open files in
a case-insensitive manner, however hacky its implementation may have been.

I know this does not really help you or this discussion, and while I
recognize the issue with (sub-)directories and applaud you for solving
it, as I've simply not run into such problems myself, I have no sensible
input or suggestions right now.

As such, I'll gladly exercise my right to "keep silent and don't
complain afterwards". :)

Regards,
Joost