[Scummvm-devel] Original bugs that haven't been worked around

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Wed Aug 6 23:27:15 CEST 2008

Am 06.08.2008 um 22:36 schrieb Matthew Hoops:

> On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 7:15 PM, Eugene Sandulenko <sev at scummvm.org>
> wrote:

>>> I'm all for putting them on the wiki too.
>> I am all for it as well.
> I would be willing to add it to the wiki. I tried using the bug
> tracker to search for any bugs in the category "also occurs in the
> original" and I got a small list of ones. Are there more than these?

Yes there are more, as Eugene implied in his post; we only recently
introduced that bug category, so many old bugs which would fit into it
are not marked with it.  But it would be a good start to just do all
of those. The only bit I wonder about: Should we use one big page for
all those issues; or one per engine?

As for other bugs which should be in that category: We (e.g. me ;) can
try to go through the other open bugs at some point to see whether
there are more (but I think I already did that at some point; though I
didn't look at *all* of them). But it's not *that* important.

To find historical examples of such bugs, one could for starters grep
through engines/ for "WORKAROUND". Many (but not all!!!) of these are
workaround for "bugs in the original" -- best way to find out is to
read the full "WORKAROUND" comment and the corresponding bug report.
Then, change the category of that bug report, and add an entry to the
Wiki page. However, this is far less important to do.