[Scummvm-devel] Improvements to blitting code.

Robin Watts Robin.Watts at wss.co.uk
Mon Aug 18 12:02:50 CEST 2008

Hi all,

Interesting technique. I don't claim to entirely understand it yet
(need to stare at it for a while, I suspect), but it looks very
hopeful indeed!

In message <2D67F8D4-79FD-4E57-B37F-31457B474337 at quendi.de>
          Max Horn <max at quendi.de> wrote:
> P.S.: While I am at it, could somebody (Neil? Robin?) tell me why
> bot
>    ./backends/platform/ds/arm9/source/blitters.cpp
> and
>    ./engines/scumm/gfxARM.s
> implement ARM versions of asmDrawStripToScreen and asmCopy8Col? My
> hope would be that the DS specific one could be removed... ?

I suspect you're right. I think I wrote it originally for the DS and
it got copied across to the main build.

Until recently I didn't have a DS to build for myself, so someone
else had to do the building for me.

Blame me for that, anyway, along with the
USE_ARM_GFX_ASM/USE_ARM_ASM_GFX (or whatever) dyslexia. Sorry.

I'll try and find time to stare at the new ARM code later, but can't
promise to do it for this release (I may already be too late). If
anyone else beats me to it, then so be it.

Thanks,

Robin
--
Robin Watts,             Email: <mailto:Robin.Watts at wss.co.uk>