[Scummvm-devel] Little Big Adventure

Filippos K philipk79 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 18 15:25:53 CEST 2008

> Read the recent 'Lands of Lore' thread, which already discussed and
> answered these issues.

Actually, the discussion in that thread turned more about bashing people
with illegally downloaded versions of the game, and not into what I'm asking

> And spitting code in that way would make no sense, for game engines,
> where code is shared by games of various types. The source code would
> just be more complicated, due to additional code been controlled via
> compile time specific defines.

I'm referring to engine plugins, so an engine that supports different kinds of
games (like AGOS does, for example), could be included in many "plugin packs".
I never mentioned about splitting code, just about the possibility of adding
non-adventure specific 2D game engines as well, and organizing the engines
into categories. Some engines can belong to multiple categories, but they
don't have to be split in any way