[Scummvm-devel] Scummvm 0.12.0. Release status 2008-08-18 -- ports are frozen

Torbjörn Andersson eriktorbjorn at telia.com
Mon Aug 18 23:58:49 CEST 2008

Eugene Sandulenko wrote:

> I will not repeat the buglist from the previous status letter, but
> there are several annoying ones which relate to IHNM and FW. Too bad we
> got them tested so late, but still good that we got them tested at all!

Most of the new FW bugs seem to be about the demo. There's also bug
#2055912 ("FW: incrustSprite fails on savegame loading"), which I think
has the potential to go a bit beyond merely "annoying". Particularly
with the limited number of save slots in that engine. But at least
there's an easily reproducable test case for that one.

I'm partway through testing IHNM - I've played through Gorrister's,
Ellen's and Benny's chapters - so I can't say yet whether or not it's
completable. There are several minor glitches, and the music stops in a
few places (I'm hoping that one will be easy to track down). A few
times, ScummVM would crash when quitting the game, which is annoying
since it tends to leave my screensaver disabled.

But the real puzzler to me is that the game crashed a few times when
the one core dump I managed to get of it.

My only guess is that it's some memory corruption and/or threading
issue. If it's the latter, it could possibly be the MIDI player, I
suppose. Since it's not predictable in any way I can figure out, I have
no idea whether or not it's a regression.

Torbjörn