[Scummvm-devel] Scummvm 0.12.0: Final preparations. Tagging in 20 hours.

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Mon Aug 25 15:01:41 CEST 2008

Am 25.08.2008 um 10:49 schrieb Frantisek Dufka:

> Eugene Sandulenko wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> In about 20-22 hours I am going to tag both scummvm and scummvm-
>> tools.
>> So if you have any remaining changes, please, do.
>
> I plan to do it at the last moment. Maemo port is a patch piggibacking
> on SDL backend with harcoded keybindings in various engines all over
> the
> place. Doing the patch too early may result in some last minute commit
> breaking it.
>
> There is preliminary 0.12.0-maemo patch since last week but lot of
> code
> went into the branch so new patch that applies cleanly is probably
> needed. I plan to do it today between 20:30-22:00 CEST so please check
> date of branch-0-12-0/backends/platform/maemo/scummvm-0.12.0-
> maemo.patch
> before tagging. Thanks.

Just so that I get this right: You won't be applying this patch and
commiting, but rather will commit the path itself, yes?

I really hope that the vkeybd GSoC project will allow us to get rid of
a lot in that patch, which really touches tons of engines directly :/.
Plus, it would be nice if the SDL specific changes could be turned
into a subclass of the SDL engine, instead of patching the SDL backend
code...

BTW, is there a reason why  it adds yet another debian/control file,
even though we already have dists/debian/control ?

BTW #2: both debian/control files carry a bad description:
interpreter", and more -- the whole description looks completely
outdated to me. Would be nice if those were updated, e.g. inspired by
the text on http://www.scummvm.org/ or in dists/redhat/scummvm.spec.in