[Scummvm-devel] Kyrandia engine loading is slow on the DS

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 11:08:27 CEST 2008

On Monday 25 August 2008 23:37:01 Max Horn wrote:
> Unless we come up with a "better" fix, sure, I see no reason why not?
> Johannes?

I told _athrxx the patch was ok for branch, since for that we can not find a
better reason in such short time we had.

> > I commited a fix to a crash in Kyra 2 which was due to updateScreen()
> > not being called while waiting for input (could possibly crash other
> > ports).
>
> If I understand it correctly, Johannes commited a different fix in
> revs 34158 & 34159 ?

Yeah I changed that updateScreen call to only call updateScreen every 50ms as
we do it in LoK GUI. It's just to be on the safe side if any backend does a
always a fullscreen update when calling updateScreen, since before we didn't
have any short delay in the textedit field window, so it could've just called
updateScreen quite a few times. I'm still a bit wondering why we need to call
OSystem::updateScreen there, at least the documentation doesn't say a word,
that I'm required to call OSystem::updateScreen frequently.

// Johannes