[Scummvm-devel] Introduction - Maemo port

Lars Persson larspp at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 18 15:50:36 CET 2008

Hi and welcome!

I just wanted to point out that the Win CE and Symbian code share some keymapping features today, and it would be great if it could be improved to fit more purposes for other platforms (such as the Maemo).

Currently its a little bit of a hack, since the way of simulating the mapped keyevents is done abit differently between Win CE and Symbian ports, but otherwise the UI (key dialog), logic (for mapping), settings etc is all the same.

best regards
Lars> Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 15:31:09 +0100> From: dufkaf at gmail.com> To: scummvm-devel at lists.sourceforge.net> Subject: [Scummvm-devel] Introduction - Maemo port> > Hi people,> > Looks like there is nice habit of introducing oneself so here it is :-)> > Since 0.8.1 version I tried to maintain Maemo version of ScummVM here> http://fanoush.wz.cz/maemo/#scummvm . I took over already existing code > by Tomas Junnonen http://770.fs-security.com/scummvm/ who started with > 0.8.0, did keymapping for SCUMM and BASS but got busy later. Before > 0.11.0 release I got invited to become part or the team so here I am :-)> > I'm quite busy with real life (wife & kids) and hacking Maemo platform > on slightly lower level so my time for ScummVM is a bit limited. But > still, I grew with C64 and Amiga and point and click games (mainly > Monkey Island 1 and 2, still remember swapping floppies when playing it) > so ScummVM is quite important to me.> > Luckily Maemo port is not much work since it is ordinary arm linux with > SDL over X11. Also Maemo devices are relatively powerful > (250-400Mhz,64-128MB RAM, high resolution display) so no tweaking is > needed except touchscreen instead of mouse and missing keyboard. See > also http://maemo.org/community/wiki/scummvm/> > Currently Maemo port status is that it piggybacks on SDL backend and > everything is one big ugly patch> http://scummvm.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/scummvm/scummvm/trunk/backends/platform/maemo/> > As time permits I'd like to move Maemo to its own backend derived from > SDL (already started by Sev). Next work is on integrating key mapper and > virtual keyboard (so I get rid of ugly engine specific keymapping > patches) once there is generic way to do it in ScummVM. Then there > should be also better power management i.e. proper pausing of ScummVM > when application is minimized or not in foreground. There is no device > suspend on Maemo by design so applications are supposed to stop all > activity when not in foreground to allow tablets to last days or weeks > in idle state (just like phones). Once this work is done Maemo port is > finished and I can retire ;-)> > Frantisek> > -------------------------------------------------------------------------> This SF.net email is sponsored by: Microsoft> Defy all challenges. Microsoft(R) Visual Studio 2008.> http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/vse0120000070mrt/direct/01/> _______________________________________________> Scummvm-devel mailing list> Scummvm-devel at lists.sourceforge.net> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/scummvm-devel