[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM 0.12.0

Kostas Nakos knakos at phys.uoa.gr
Fri Jul 4 12:13:19 CEST 2008

Hello,

On 07/04/2008 12:10 AM, Eugene Sandulenko wrote:
> What do you think about us starting a release cycle next week and
> releasing at the end of August?

As fas as the windows ce port is concerned, there remains a weak point
which makes me uneasy: the binary size growth. The single binary release
with all the engines statically linked is pushing the limits of the os
and the memory available at many devices.

This should be handled properly through the plugin refactoring as it was
discussed in the list a few months ago. But lack of free time (mine)
during the last 6 months has pushed these changes back. This particular
piece of scummvm innards is also intimidating a little. I've started 2-3
times to make a proof of concept patch with a single engine but due to
all these reasons it never got through. Luckily, things are a little
more relaxed as of last week so I will have time to spend on this task.

So the end of August seems like enough to time to have something ready.
Even if the changes don't make it to the branch in time, wince can have
an alpha trunk||branch release with plugins later, with or without a
0.12.0 branch-based release on time.

Best,
Kostas