[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM 0.12.0: Release status -- 2008-07-13

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Mon Jul 14 22:33:27 CEST 2008

Am 14.07.2008 um 15:44 schrieb Joost Peters:

> The PSP port is up to date, but starting to suffer from bloat.
> Sadly I don't see myself getting time to look into dynamic plugins the
> next few weeks, so perhaps I will have to disable a few engines or
> do 2
> builds for this release. :-/

Nasty :/. Is there any existing "dynamic loadable code" support for
PSP out there which you can make use of, BTW?

> As for "1742030 PSP: Simon the Sorcerer slow down" - the
> introduction of
> this seems to coincide with some fairly large AGOS engine structural
> changes.  I wouldn't be surprised if this slowdown is experienced on
> other ports as well.   Thoughts?

That's odd. So the slow down was supposedly introduced between 0.9.0
and 0.10.0, and he also writes "As a sidenote, turning off the midi
music does improve performance to full speed". That's odd... We added
a delay to the midi music, but only a 20ms delay when opening the MIDI
device, so that shouldn't be the cause (right?). Weird. Maybe Kirben
has an idea? Which code is responsible for playing the intro? Is that
a regular script?