[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM 0.12.0: Release status -- 2008-07-13

Andre Heider a.heider at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 15:21:16 CEST 2008

Hi,

> Ports status:
>
> Wii: ?

The port builds and is in a working state.

Some users report various problems, most of those are related to libfat
(provides r/w access to SD cards):
- Poor performace. This results in lags, temporary freezes, dropped
frames and/or a/v getting out of sync
- Faulty reading. The stdio function to load resources succeed, but the
loaded data is garbage. Sometimes the internal debugger pops up,
sometimes the app justs exits.

Most of the reports on the forum are related to these problems. On top
of that, the errors are not reproducible. I'm having a hard time hunting
these down, with little success so far :(

 > Nice go get fixed:
 > 1998657 WII: Monkey Island 1 - Crash
See above, its a libfat failure.

 > 1998663 WII: Save game overwriting and "Invalid Savegame" issues
I could reproduce this. Again: its libfat (cache problem). Hopefully
fixed by 0.12.0.

Some features are missing:
- Screen shaking
- Mouse cursor scaling
- AR correction

I plan to implement those while rewiting the gfx code for the port (its
inefficient and ugly). Because of lack of time: after 0.12.0

To summarize it:
Port works fine for most users. Most problems are not directly related
to the port itself. Some features are missing, but i think its in a
pretty good shape for a first official release.

Andre