[Scummvm-devel] Keymapper Update

Stephen Kennedy djkennyd at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 16 23:36:08 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 11:20 PM, Eugene Sandulenko <sev at scummvm.org> wrote:
> [Clever thoughts skipped.] Yes, that's about it. Also consider that
> save/load screen is potentially different keymap as well, and also that
> there could exist several global keymaps too. I.e. one is superglobal
> for events like QUIT, one used by the launcher and yet another one
> could be used by our global save/load menu which is par of Chris' task.

Good point. Having multiple global maps will fit in nicely with the
fact that there will be multiple maps per game. Will be the launcher
and save/load menu's responsibility to switch the mapping.

> It may also generate more than one keypress, i.e. Ctrl+V. In SCUMM
> engine during INSANE scene those are 2 distinct keypresses.

OK, that shouldn't be a problem. Especially as we now have pushEvent()
in the EventManager, so the keymapper can just push multiple events
into the event queue and not have to worry about delivering them
correctly.

> Good idea. Though it should be done re-mappable, i.e. in case you will
> have 5 hardware keys and are really really want to use them all as the
> game controls.

Yep, agree with you there. We will make it a UserAction that will
automatically show up in the keymap config dialog if needed.

Good to know i'm on the right lines.

Cheers,
Stephen