[Scummvm-devel] PORTERS: Upcoming OSystem API changes

sunmax at libero.it sunmax at libero.it
Sat Jun 28 16:01:11 CEST 2008

Hi Max,

> I waited almost two weeks longer. The DS port was already fixed some
> time ago, but both the PalmOS and the PS2 port currently are BROKEN
> because now the default OSystem::getFilesystemFactory()
> implementation, which contained code for these two platforms, now is
> gone.

I know, my bad. I am currently out on a business trip,
but back on Monday eve. I should be able to fix it
in a couple of hours and commit with the updated
USB code (to play games from the USB media).

Sorry for the delay, but was an unexpected travel,
I will strive to commit in a timely manner in the future.

> It should be trivial to fix this; as usual, if you require assistance,
> drop me an email and I'll try to help.

I will touch base with you before committing.

I actually spent most of my scummvm PS2 dev time working on the
new FS caching system optimized for the PS2, but it's not done yet.
That's in my dev branch, I will patch and commit from the stable one.

> As usual, I got no feedback, so I'll assume that this means silent
> agreement with my plans. I'll go through my patch and commit a final
> version this weekend. I will post a separate mail once that happened,
> explaining what porters need to change.

That's fine with me.

Talk to you soon,
 -max