[Scummvm-devel] Memory/speed loss in scumm engine

Neil Millstone neil at millstone.demon.co.uk
Sat Mar 1 18:56:27 CET 2008

Hi,

I began porting my changes to the DS port across from the 0.11.0 branch
to the trunk, and came across something nasty.  There seems to be a
massive loss in memory between 0.11.1 and the trunk, to the point where
most games don't run any more.  The frame rate is also 2 - 3x worse in
Sam & Max.  I've not tried other games.

When I start up version 0.11.1 of ScummVM  I have 2020Kb free (out of
the DS's 4Mb) when I'm sitting at the game selector in the frontend.
When I start up the trunk version of ScummVM I have 1196Kb free.

So I have lost 824Kb and a whole lot of frame rate.  This is with the
exact same backend on both versions.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks,

- Neil