[Scummvm-devel] Global menu save/load dialogs

Travis Howell kirben at optusnet.com.au
Mon Nov 10 11:19:05 CET 2008

Filippos K wrote:
> Now, it would be also great if all engines that support the GMM
> save/load dialogs would have some sort of unified save games. In particular:
> - It would be fantastic if the default save/load dialogs for each engine
> can be changed to the GMM ones, using the same key binding (probably the
> F5 key?). The original save/load menus, if needed, can be shown with
> another key combination, like alt-F5, in the same way that's done in the
> SCUMM engine. And the limitations of the original save/load screens can
> be kept in the original screens only (e.g. a limited number of save
> slots, no thumbnails etc).

I strongly disagree with this point, the original load/save dialogs
should be kept as the default. As they match the original games (the aim
of the project), and make use of the original interface of each game. A
lot of work went into supporting the original load/save/option dialogs
of each game engine too.

A common keyboard shortcut should be enough, for people which want to
use the GMM across all possible game engines.