[Scummvm-devel] The 7th Guest

Henry Bush scummvm at spookypeanut.co.uk
Wed Nov 12 12:41:19 CET 2008

And again, this time from the right email address...

>> Just don't expect any quickly grafted 16bit
>> hacks to be accepted should you want to extend support to 16bit games.
>> Of course you are welcome to work on implementing 16bit support
>> properly (which would imply making a design for the new system first,
>> and discussing it with the team on this very list).

Thank you all for your support! The current (long-term) plan is to
implement all the games. As regards 16-bit support... yes, we have
forseen that we will probably be at least involved in the introduction
of 16bit support, and most likely it will be one or more of us that
implements it. I never said it would be quick to implement the later
games ;-)

It is possible to implement the later games in 256 colours btw: those
that remember 11th hour might remember that the original interpreter
had a 256 colour mode, which was just greyscale. That's something that
could be used for low end devices if nec.

I'll try and get a patch prepared and submitted to the tracker this week.

Cheers,

Henry