[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM binary size comparison

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Thu Nov 13 16:15:30 CET 2008

Am 13.11.2008 um 15:02 schrieb Robin Watts:
[...]
> IME, lots of compilers ignore "inline" declarations. You should
> prepare yourself to be terrified on a regular basis if you ever have
> to use a wide range of compilers :)
>
> I'd vote for the macroised version.

Welll, I already implemented the "inline" version, at least GCC seems
to honor it just fine (at least when building with -Os or any other
non-zero optimization level). I would also expect MSVC to do so. As
Johannes said, if we encounter a compiler which has troubles with
this, we can still change it to the macro approach :)