[Scummvm-devel] Recent change to the Broken Sword 1 cutscene player

Kostas Nakos knakos at phys.uoa.gr
Wed Nov 19 08:38:43 CET 2008

Torbjörn Andersson wrote:
> So my question is: Does this cause unacceptable performance regressions
> for any of the ScummVM ports? If so, this would be an excellent time to
> say so. Fingolfin raised that possibility back when he first proposed
> the lockScreen() / unlockScreen() API:

IIRC, during video playback a full screen refresh is triggered anyway
for each frame, at least on the wince port. So, throwing away the
copying around of memory for the subtitles (wait... what subtitles in
bs1?) would actually be faster than the ... erm ... the old way of
rendering subtitles which I haven't seen :-)

Cheers,
K.