[Scummvm-devel] New YMF262 emulator

Robson Cozendey robson.cozendey.rj at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 02:21:09 CEST 2008

Hi fellows,

I recently finished a new OPL3 emulator, that I hope may be of
interest to some of you.

It was throughly tested against a real SB16. All the samples of the
emulator were also passed by the SB16 dac, to ensure the dac
distortions would end up the same. I think it now has a high degree of
accuracy, comparable to the advanced mame code. But I let it to who
listens to make his own judgement.

If you want to give it a try, the emulator is at:

www.cozendey.com/opl3/opl3.html

The emulator was written in Java, although a C++ translation would be
pretty straightforward, given the resemblance of the two languages.

Right in the page, there is a Applet that you can play some files, and
save to WAV if you like.

Best wishes, let me know if it can be of some help,
Robson