[Scummvm-devel] RTL branch to be merged (relevant for *all* developers)

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 13:26:21 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 02 September 2008 11:04:22 peres wrote:
> > I'm against it actually. Most engines which feature the original menu
> > actually
> > ask the user to *quit* the game and I would find it most confusing if I'm
> > still running ScummVM when I asked to *quit* the application.
>
> Well... if we quit ScummVM from inside the games, what is the point of the
> whole RTL feature then?

I thought the RTL feature was for people who want to return to launcher, which
may not be every person. For those who want to return to the launcher we
added the GMM (apart from the fact we wanted a menu usable for every engine).
But for the original game dialogs which most of the time ask to 'Quit' I
wound find it rather confusing to get returned to the launcher instead of
properly quitting ScummVM.

// Johannes