[Scummvm-devel] RTL branch to be merged (relevant for *all* developers)

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Tue Sep 2 15:09:43 CEST 2008

Am 02.09.2008 um 09:21 schrieb Filippos K:

[...]
> Also, a question concerning AGI:
> In cycle.cpp, the following line:
> if (_game.quitProgNow == 0xff)
> has been changed to:
> if (quit() == 0xff)
>
> This is the part where the game checks if it should be restarted or
> not
> This seems a bit weird, as quitProgNow was an integer, but
> quit() returns a boolean, so I'm unsure if this check will
> ever be true.
> In the place where game.quitProgNow was set to 0xff, quitGame() is
> called instead
> I'm thinking of changing the weird statement to "if (quit())",
> but it still doesn't make sense for that part of the code :/

Good catch. If what you write is correct (I am basing this purely on
what you wrote above, and haven't looked at the code), then you have
spotted an actual bug in the RTL conversion done here. :). Namely,
game.quitProgNow apparently did more than its name suggested, it also
was used as a flag to indicate restart requests.

Chris, can you take a look at this? Everybody else if of course
welcome to provide a fix, too :).