[Scummvm-devel] RTL branch to be merged (relevant for *all* developers)

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Tue Sep 2 15:14:39 CEST 2008

Am 02.09.2008 um 12:21 schrieb Marcus Comstedt:

> Max Horn <max at quendi.de> writes:
>
>> * Two new global events: EVENT_MAINMENU and EVENT_RTL, which
>> complement EVENT_QUIT (and one day, should be unified with it, but I
>> digress). The RTL event indicates to the engine that it should
>> terminate, but contrary to EVENT_QUIT, it should return to the
>> launcher, not quit. EVENT_MAINMENU is supposed to trigger opening the
>> new main menu.
>>
>> -> PORTERS: you may or may not want to map these two events to some
>> keys. e.g. it might be convenient for you to replace your current
>> mapping for EVENT_QUIT (if any) by EVENT_RTL
>
> So, exactly what will happen when this event fires?  I assume the
> launcher (in my case DCLauncherDialog) will be activated again.

Exactly. Take a peek at base/main.cpp, around line 287. There,
runGame() is called. If the result is *not* zero, we keep running in a
loop which (re)opens the launcher dialog.

> But what about dynamic plugins?  Will those previously purged
> be automatically reloaded?

Yup.

>  In the case of the DC, I may need to request a disc change for that
> to be possible.

OK, makes sense. We could insert extra code resp. a hook for this. If
you tell us what you need, we'll be happy to try and provide it :)