[Scummvm-devel] RTL branch to be merged (relevant for *all* developers)

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Wed Sep 3 18:47:05 CEST 2008

Am 02.09.2008 um 04:38 schrieb peres:

[...]
> Having had to personally merge Parallaction code from the branch, I
> noticed something:
>
> * Engine::go() returns the result of shouldRTL(), and this holds for
> all engines. Why don't we
>  move this to the base code instead? I mean, the engine couldn't
> care less if it's returning to
>  the launcher or quitting. The proper place for this check seems to
> be scummvm_main, after the
>  engine has been shutdown and we are out of runGame. The meaning of
> the return value for runGame
>  can be changed to: 0 if the engine couldn't start and 1 if the
> engine started and shouldRTL must
>  be checked.

I got rid of shouldRTL() inside the engines. And I defined the meaning
of the return value of go(): 0 means success, everything else an error
(this matches init()).

> * Somewhere in the middle of Cine, a synthetic RTL event is set up,
> and the same happens in Kyra1,
>  where a QUIT event is manufactured instead. I suppose those should
> rely on quitGame() instead.
>  About Cine, I wonder why the engine is making sure we go back to
> the launcher only in that
>  particular case :P

Well, I think it makes a lot of sense to fallback to the launcher if
the user failed to provide the copy protection (which is what CINE
tries to do) :).

I don't see the code in Kyra you mentioned, but I guess it was simply
fixed by somebody in the meantime.