[Scummvm-devel] A new engine: Interspective

Rafał Rzepecki divided.mind at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 19:01:53 CEST 2008

Greetings,

I have been spending much time lately on reversing engine
Interspective, used in Innocent Until Caught (I don't know about any
other game using the engine). As I am to become short of time and
won't be able to spend as much developing as I wish, I thought I would
give you a peek into the code.

You can find it at http://repo.or.cz/w/scummvm-innocent.git
Currently parsers of midi, graphics and movies are implemented; music,
animation and action scripts interpreters (many opcodes
unimplemented), preliminary actor handling code etc. Copy protection
screen and intro animation work almost flawlessly (still some timing
issues), the intro sequence plays (with many glitches) some three
rooms far.

I'll probably be back into development in some two weeks or so, but if
anyone would like to poke at the code during the time, you're welcome
to do so. You can commit changes to the mob branch of the repo, I'll
pick them up when I'm back. If you're interested, I can provide a
heavily commented (by myself) disassembly of the original binary.

ps. I'm not subscribed, so I'll appreciate cc:ing me any follow-ups. Thank you.
Rafał Rzepecki