[Scummvm-devel] Merging the vkeybdy and GUI branches

Joost Peters joostp at 7fc1.org
Thu Sep 18 14:07:35 CEST 2008

> Now, I'd really like to hear from Stephen & Joost, respectively from
> Vicent & Johannes, what the status of the respective branches are.
> What are in your eyes the major blockers for a merge? Please tell us.
> That way, the rest of the team can help actively.

AFAIK, Stephen is still on holiday, which currently is the biggest
obstacle. :)

Also, there is (was?) a circular dependency between stuff from 'common'
and 'graphics', requiring a hack in Makefile.common.  This will need to
be resolved before merging.

> For the vkeybdy branch:
> * which functionality is missing?

Hmm, from the top of my head, functionally it's broadly complete.
What's missing is:

* The ability to enable/disable the virtual keyboard and keymapper at
compile time.

* Documentation.

> * do we have a proper *free* graphics pack yet?

I believe there is currently a free one in the repository, but it is
rather ugly.

> * did anybody perform testing on a device which might actually benefit
> from it?

Not yet, as far as I know. :-/

> * as with the GUI branch: did you recently perform a merge? If not,
> can you do one, please?

It's been some time -- I'll leave this up to Stephen when he returns.

Regards,
Joost