[Scummvm-devel] A new engine: Interspective

Rafał Rzepecki divided.mind at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 16:55:29 CEST 2008

On 9/18/08, Filippos K <philipk79 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> There was once an attempt to add support for the second installment of the
> game, Innocent until caught 2. I believe there is still an early version of
> the engine, called "ill", lurking around. I don't think it's nearly in such
> an advanced state as yours though.

It seems that the work was dropped some time ago, but I got in touch
with them, so maybe we can combine forces.

> The company who developed Innocent until caught, Divide by Zero, created the
> following games:
>     * The Gene Machine
>     * Innocent Until Caught
>     * Innocent Until Caught 2: Presumed Guilty
>     * The Orion Conspiracy
>
> Check:
> http://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/divide-by-zero-ltd/
>
> There might be a possibility that all of these games use the same engine (or
> a more advanced version of it), as the 2 Innocent games and the Orion
> conspiracy were released within 3 years, one every year (plus, they do look
> quite similar).

Well, yes, in fact it seems that all four use variants of the
Interspective engine. This means that after getting IUC working it
should be fairly easy to support other titles (just extending to the
newer engine versions). Thanks for the heads-up!

Rafał