[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM goes buildbot

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Wed Apr 15 12:12:18 CEST 2009

Am 15.04.2009 um 11:50 schrieb Pawel Kolodziejski:

> On 2009-04-15, at 10:43, Max Horn wrote:
>
>> Repeating this on the list again (Andre seems away / busy for the
>> time
>> being, far enough ;-).
>>

>> Now that buildbot works pretty well, I added it to our navigation
>> sidebar (and also did the same for our blog planet).
>>
>> So, I am wondering: When do we want to go public with the daily
>> builds
>> generated by this? I.e, <http://buildbot.scummvm.org/snapshots/> ? As
>> I understand, one concern was bandwidth, but if I think Andre
>> installed some stuff to allow us / Qvist to measure it, so that we
>> can
>> switch it off should it turn out to be too much.
>>
>> Right? Wrong? Thoughts?
>>

> Can this buildbot adopted for residual ?

In theory, that would be possible, if somebody invested the work into
it.

Which raises another question in my eyes: Personally I always wondered
why Residual is a "subproject" of ScummVM. To me it never made much
sense, it seems more reasonable to setup a separate SF.net (or
whatever) project for it and move it all there. Have its own
respository, its own mailing list, its own homepage, its own set of
developers. It copies some code from ScummVM, true, but as long as
these files are copied anyway, there is nothing to be gained by having
it in the same repos as ScummVM.

> And add support for ubuntu builds ?

Can't the debian .debs be used on Ubunutu straight?

Otherwise, it would be a matter of "somebody" (you?) setting up a
"cross compiler environment" from Debian to Ubunutu; the difficulty of
which might range from trivial )if the locations and versions of
libraries etc. are identical on Ubuntu and Debian), up to nasty (if
they differ and you thus have to install lots of Ubuntu files into a
fake ubuntu "build root").

Bye,