[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM goes buildbot

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Thu Apr 16 10:52:34 CEST 2009

Am 15.04.2009 um 18:04 schrieb Marco Bonetti:

> On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 5:18 PM, Pawel Kolodziejski <aquadran at xtr.net.pl
> > wrote:
>> From what I read so far(however I didn't too much from devel mails)
>> so far
>> things are done by cross toolchains.
> I *HOPE* the toolchain stuff in the wiki page is referring to the
> ports where a native compile is not suitable (gp2x, iphone, so on...)

It refers to all builds except the various debian ones. Which is
clearly the only thing that could be compiled "natively" on a Debian/
Linux system.

For Ubunutu (Redhat, Fedora, SuSE, ...) builds, one could likely use a
chroot environment, but setting those up correctly cross-platform is a
major PITA and thus we avoided that so far. Truth is, most cross
compilers come as nice bundles and with good instructions and are thus
relatively easy to setup, *plus* we already have experts for most of
them around (our porters). This is quite different for chroot-based
Linux distro builds -- I would guess that none of our packagers uses
such an environment ...

Anyway, help setting up "build environments" (whether toolchains,
chroot environments or whatever else) is welcome.

Bye,