[Scummvm-devel] Kyrandia pathfinding issues

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 21:28:20 CEST 2009

Torbjörn Andersson wrote:
> That sounds like a bug to me, so I've changed it to call updateScreen()
> at most once every time updateInput() is called, and - since it's
> triggered by mouse movement - only when the cursor is visible.
>
> I've only made the change on the trunk, so if it breaks anything...
> well, there's plenty of time to undo the damage. :-)

Should be fine, just backported it to branch. Though actually that
shouldn't be needed at all, the documentation for updateScreen says:

     * This method could be called very often by engines. Backends are hence
     * supposed to only perform any redrawing if it is necessary, and
otherwise
     * return immediately. For a discussion of the subject, see

Thus as I get it it should be fine to call updateScreen as often as I
want without it taking up any real processing time, apart from jump,
branch, return.

// Johannes