[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM goes buildbot

Travis Howell kirben at optusnet.com.au
Tue Apr 21 14:44:01 CEST 2009

Max Horn wrote:
> Am 19.04.2009 um 21:25 schrieb Andre Heider:
>> One drawback: currently the snapshots are just tarballs of binaries
>> among some runtime files. A better way would be to use platform
>> specific packaging, like a bundle for os x/iphone, I just haven't had
>> the time to work this.
>
> Just to follow up on this again: It would definitely be nice to
> improve this.
>
> * For Debian, a .deb would be ideal

Yes, that is the reason I didn't update the current links for Debian
daily snapshots. Although I'm not sure if they are still been generated
(by aquadran?), with date of 15th March 2009 for last builds.

> * For Windows, a .zip or maybe even an .exe installer

I already stated (via email and mailing list), that I will continue to
produce the Windows snapshot manually. As a real person, still offers
advantages over an automated system, that can break down (ie buildbot
running out of disk space earlier today).

I don't think it is possible to compile the installer script (Inno
Setup) use for Windows builds, via linux anyway.

Using a zip file for Windows builds would be going backwards too, I
switched to an installer long ago, due to requests to make it easier for
Windows users to install.