[Scummvm-devel] System independent widescreen support

Bertrand Augereau bertrand_augereau at yahoo.fr
Sun Apr 26 22:26:29 CEST 2009

Hi guys,

I just bought myself a laptop with a 16/10 screen... now you see where I'm coming :)

What would you think of options to do 16/9 and 16/10 pillarboxing straight in the engine? This would take the resulting resolution from the game and scaler chosen and extend the width to achieve the good ratio.
No need to rely on specific system features to do so (I just failed doing this with my Fedora 10 but this is not the point ;) )
I must admit I don't fully understand what does "Aspect correction" do in ScummVM, by the way, if somebody can point me to a detailed explanation.

Cheers,
Bertrand