[Scummvm-devel] Platform documentation on ScummVM wiki

Thierry Crozat (Yahoo! Mail) thierry.crozat at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Aug 1 22:28:13 CEST 2009

Hi all,

The new user manual is taking shape and I was thinking again of
adding content to it; more precisely instructions on how to install
ScummVM and games on the various platforms as well as how to use
ScummVM (e.g. controls). Typically this information could also be on
the platform pages (the iPhone page for example has all this).

The initial idea was to avoid duplication on the wiki (to make it
easier to keep everything up to date). But I think this information
belong both to the manual and to the platform pages. The idea of
using a database crept up to this mailing list before, but we still
don't know if this is feasible. A simpler solution would be to use
templates. What I propose it to use three templates for each platform:
    + Installing ScummVM (e.g. Template:iPhoneInstallingScummVM)
    + Installing a game (e.g. Template:iPhoneInstallingGame)
    + Controls (e.g. Template:iPhoneControls)

Then the templates can be used in both the platform pages and in the
user manual. When the information needs to be updated, only the
templates will need to be modified.

What do you say to this?
If nobody speaks against it, I will start doing the modifications
next week-end.

Thierry