[Scummvm-devel] Help with tool details

Thierry Crozat (Yahoo! Mail) thierry.crozat at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Aug 2 11:15:17 CEST 2009

Le 2 août 09 à 02:37, Remere a écrit :

> what input files are expected for the
> following tools: [...] extract_scumm_mac.

No file extension there I'm afraid. The input file is a single file
named "Foo Data" where Foo is the name of the game (e.g. "Sam & Max
Data", "Day of the Tentacle Data", "Full Throttle Data").

> Also, the output filenames of *all* tools would be useful information
> too, as it means a default can be supplied (most of the time, you have
> no idea what the output file should be called, and simply being able
> to output to a target directory would be alot more convenient).

That's already what extract_scumm_mac does. It creates several files
(5 for Sam & Max, 60 for DOTT) in a target directory. The Mac "*
Data" files are archive that contain the PC CD files as listed on the
wiki games Datafiles page, plus a couple of files (about and
instruments) that are probably not needed to play the game.
extract_scumm_mac simply extract those files. Note that for Day of
the Tentacle it also extract the files for Maniac Mansion (*.lfl),
thus the higher number of files.