[Scummvm-devel] Fwd: Community Choice Awards: Program Summary

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Tue Aug 4 10:28:27 CEST 2009

Am 04.08.2009 um 09:53 schrieb Eugene Sandulenko:

> 2009/8/4 Max Horn <max at quendi.de>:
>> Hi folks,
>> FYI. I espescially like <https://sourceforge.net/community/cca09/winners/
>> >:
>> Click on "Vote Analysis" for ScummVM... Seems we won by a
>> landslide... Oh,
>> and XMBC wasn't on the list this year. Finally, it seems asking
>> early on for
>> people to vote kind of helps ;).
> Yeah, but take a look at "Best Visual Design" category. Something
> fishy is in there.

Well, it seems that PortableApps posted a news item about CCA & voting
for them on July 19 (I confirmed this on their website). This
apparently lead to a *major* boost for them, visible in all the
categories they won, and a few more where they narrowly placed second.

So either they have a huge and active community. Or indeed,
something's fishy. But I expect SF.net also noticed this and
investigated. They had plenty of time for this, after all. ;)