[Scummvm-devel] Streaming sounds in Scumm games

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Wed Aug 5 21:34:15 CEST 2009

Am 05.08.2009 um 21:25 schrieb Max Horn:
> BTW, all of the above also applies to the WAVE code and
> loadWAVFromStream().

... and also for the AIFF code. Seems loadAIFFFromStream is used by
SAGA and by SWORD1. While makeAIFFStream is never used ;).

Interestingly, Sword1 implements its own WaveAudioStream resp.
AiffAudioStream classes wrapping loadWAVFromStream resp.
loadAIFFFromStream. Weird!

Finally, there is loadShortenFromStream which is used by SAGA only;
and makeShortenStream, which is not used anyway -> this code should
have an #ifdef SAGA. And I guess AIFF should be #ifdef SAGA || SWORD1,
and so should   (yeah, the proper symbol names are different, but I
think it's clear what I mean ;).

Which reminds me: Is anybody actually taking care of adding those
engine specific #ifdefs ? :)