[Scummvm-devel] errors in GPL scripts

Robert Špalek rspalek at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 22:39:23 CEST 2009

On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 1:28 PM, Denis Kasak <denis.kasak at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 21:53, Robert Špalek<rspalek at gmail.com> wrote:
> > hi Denis,
> > when I press the right key once on the starting location with the tree, I
> > get to the mountains with some obelisk and a bird.  when I look at the
> tree,
> > it says some text about a can opener, which doesn't seem to match the
> tree's
> > description.  on the other hand, all other texts are OK and I don't have
> the
> > original player available now, so I cannot exclude that this is an error
> in
> > the game files.
>
> Yes, I have noticed that too. However, the talk lines that the dragon
> speaks for the tree are number 147 and 148 which seems to be
> consistent with the lines  for the herb (146) and the exit (144). Do
> you know what it might be refering to? Is there any kind of a
> tin-opener in the game? I just assumed that it was a mistranslation or
> something.

I'm playing the Czech version and the can opener is there too.  actually,
now I have checked the source code of the game and it's even there, so it's
probably a feature, not a bug:

file objekty:
OBJECT stromek_kym      {tree}
  TITLE strom
  ROOM hory
  PRIORITY 20
  STATUS ON
  SEQ \dh\gfx\HORY\DEF\stromek
  INIT
    load stromek_kym "kymaceni"
    start stromek_kym "kymaceni"
  GPLEND
  canuse (isactico(0) or isactico(i_prsten))
  usec 256 164 vlevo
  use
    dialogue "\dh\gfx\all.cz\strom.txt"
  gplend
  lookc 256 164 vlevo
  look
    justtalk
    D:"Co byste o něm víc chtěli slyšet?"
    D:"Typický patentní otvírák na konzervy."  {can opener}
    juststay
  gplend

--
Robert Špalek <rspalek at gmail.com>