[Scummvm-devel] [Scummvm-cvs-logs] SF.net SVN: scummvm:[43161] scummvm/branches/gsoc2009-draci/engines/draci

Robert Špalek rspalek at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 01:03:44 CEST 2009

hi Filippos,
thanks a lot for your comment!  it's exactly the kind of insight which will
be very helpful for Denis once he implements playing sounds.  I hoped that
ScummVM has good support for various sound formats and, as you have shown,
it indeed does.

On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 3:56 PM, Filippos Karapetis <philipk79 at hotmail.com>wrote:

> Robert mentioned in his e-mail that the game uses uncompressed raw PCM 8bit
> audio data @ 22KHz, that's why I mentioned raw data myself.

yes, we have an extremely simple data format on the disk, consisting of a
concatenation of raw PCM audio samples, with a simple header.  there are no
WAV headers in between, and the format "22000 Hz 8-bit mono unsigned" for
dubbing and "13000 Hz 8-bit mono unsigned" for simple sound effects.  I hope
ScummVM can mix sounds with different sampling rate.

--
Robert Špalek <rspalek at gmail.com>